Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfil your specific request. We do not sell or share any information with any third parties.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. If you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties but not personally identifiable information. By using the PERGOLUX UK Ltd. website without changing your settings, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org
Why does PERGOLUX UK Ltd. need cookies?
- To allow you to browse our website in the most efficient manner.
- To improve the security of our website.
- To allow you to share our website content efficiently via social media; such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- To continually make improvements to your browsing experience, remembering your preferences, enabling shopping online and generally improving the user experience.
- To compile visitor statistics in order to target our marketing. We receive data regarding how many people visit our site, what sort of device they are using (tablet, mobile etc), how long they spend on the site, what pages they are looking at and which search engines are used. IT DOES NOT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE OR ANY BANK DETAILS.
How do I turn them off?
- If you have anti-spyware they will automatically turn off any cookies they think may compromise your security.
- Mozilla firefox - select ‘options’ then ‘privacy’ then ‘use custom settings for history’. Uncheck ‘accept cookies from sites’ or set exceptions ‘accept third party cookies’. Decide how long cookies will be stored (till they expire, till you close the browser or ask you every time). There will also be a list of stored cookies, just delete those you don’t want. You can block or allow cookies for individual sites via the ‘Permissions’ tab.
- Google Chrome - click the three dots on the right of the browser toolbar, select ‘settings’, then advanced settings & in the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button & in the "Cookies" section, you can change to your preferred settings.
Safari - select ‘preferences’, then ‘security’ and finally ‘accept cookies’. Again you have the choice to block, allow or sites to which you navigate.
What happens when I turn them off?
You will find that not all the functions of our website will be available to you.
What do they do?
- They monitor the type of websites you visit.
- They collect data from visitors to our website which allows us to deliver a better customer experience and improve the efficiency of our website.
- So that they can deliver paid advertising in the form of pop-ups when you browse the internet. These pop-ups are usually related to the type of website you visit; for example, if you visit fashion websites then the pop-ups will most likely be linked to fashion. So if you visit our website then our ads could pop-up when you browse other websites.
Do they know who I am?
- No. All the data they collect is stored in an encrypted format.
How do I control them?
- You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based activity entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
- You will still get advertising pop-ups but they will not be based on your interests or previous browsing history.
This website also uses Google Analytics & may use it for the following purposes:
- Remarketing (showing our ads on third party websites using cookies).
- Google Analytics Demographics & Interest Reporting. This company may use data from Google's Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to inform our marketing strategy.
How do I control them?
- You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using Google's Ad Settings page.
- You can opt out of Google Analytics using this browser add-on.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Customer Privacy Notice
Who are we?
PERGOLUX UK Ltd. is a retail company who provide a range of products relating to garden. PERGOLUX is a quality brand from Norway. A stylish design, good quality and an affordable price make the PERGOLUX Pergola a unique product.
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
Personal Data Type: Source (Where PERGOLUX UK Ltd. obtained the personal data from if it has not been collected directly from you, the data subject)
Personal Details: Data Subject
Browsing History via Cookies: Website
Purchase History: Data Subject
CCTV Images: CCTV operated by PERGOLUX UK Ltd.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Personal Details will be used in the delivery of a service or product such as our delivery service or rewards account
- CCTV footage is used in the prevention of crime
- Email Marketing with consent
- Personal details may be used in the performance of a contract or legal obligation such as accident records
- Purchase History is used to monitor and report on our sales trends and is not used for profiling customers
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Consent of the individual
- Performance of a contract in relation to purchases for delivery
- Legal Obligation in relation to Health and Safety matters
- Vital Interests in relation to security and the use of CCTV footage
We do not hold any special categories of personal data
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for PERGOLUX UK Ltd. to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
PERGOLUX UK Ltd. will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent, unless the information is requested by a government body such as the Police, as part of an official request. Your personal data will not be sold or transferred to any third party organisation for marketing purposes, unless specific consent has been gained from the data subject.
PERGOLUX UK Ltd. will process and store the personal data for a period of time as determined by our Retention Procedure. These retention periods are derived from ICO guidance and legal requirements.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that PERGOLUX UK Ltd. refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by PERGOLUX UK Ltd. or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority at PERGOLUX UK Ltd.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, PERGOLUX UK Ltd., will collect and use your personal data for the delivery of goods and services to you.
Why does PERGOLUX UK need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a delivery service and process accounts we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes PERGOLUX UK Ltd. would contact you for additional consent.
Will PERGOLUX UK share my personal data with anyone else?
We will not pass your personal data on to third-party service providers. If we wish to pass your personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise, such as CCTV footage provided to Police.
How will PERGOLUX UK Ltd. use the personal data it collects about me?
PERGOLUX UK Ltd. will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. PERGOLUX UK Ltd. is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will PERGOLUX UK Ltd. contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
PERGOLUX UK Ltd., at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If PERGOLUX UK Ltd. does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of PERGOLUX UK Ltd. or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
PERGOLUX UK Ltd. accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Utility Bill (from the last 3 months)